Pages

Friday 23 October 2020

The invasion of Parihaka

 

  1. Where is Parihaka located? it is located between Mount Taranaki and the Tasman Sea in the north island of New Zealand

  2. Fact card 1 includes a metaphor - what is it?" I am for peace let the lions rage I am still for peace".

  3. Explain the metaphor in your own words, what does it mean? the metaphor means that he te whiti believes in peace for the world

  4. When did the invasion of Parihaka occur? 5th of November 1881

  5. Summarise fact card 3 in your own words. the government said they can have their land then came back and said they can't keep it. this made the people off Parihaka sad and upset so they had a non-violent protest called passive resistance. the government put the protesters in jail and gave them an ultimatum to leave or they will all be removed

  6. How do you think the people of Parihaka were feeling when the troops entered their village? scared and worried

  7. Why do you think John Bryce wanted to keep journalists away from Parihaka when the invasion was taking place. it causes what he was doing was wrong and the journalists they believe the government

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful- how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.