Pages

Thursday 25 February 2021

windsurfing

 

Windsurfing lingo

Windsurfing is becoming an increasingly popular water sport both in New Zealand and abroad. Here are some of the terms associated with this leisure activity

Planning

 Moving along at a relatively fast and steady speed causing the sailboard to rise partly out of the water. A major windsurfing goal because it’s cool

Jibe

A 180° turn downwind

 

A 180° turn downwind while manoeuvring your body under the sail. Not easy to do but looks awesome

Underpowered

Not enough wind or too small a sail for wind conditions. Totally uncool. A windsurfer’s nightmare

Dialled-in

Everything is ok comfortable and it's smooth sailing!

Catapult

 Being launched into the air by strong gusts of wind. Swim for your board and admit you’re overpowered


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Bianca,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post about windsurfing. You have included some very interesting windsurfing lingo. A catapult sounds pretty cool! Have you ever tried windsurfing? Which subject was this for?
    Keep up the good work.
    Miss Tozer.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful- how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.