Pages

Monday 3 April 2017

Spencer Park

W.A.L.T Write an information report that informs the audience.

Success Criteria
I know I will be successful when….
  • I use an opening statement that explains the subject of the report.
  • The opening statement is followed by sentences that describe the event; what you saw, what you did, how you felt, what you learnt.
  • Each paragraph focuses on a different aspect of the topic; travelling, the beach, the lagoon walk, playground.
  • A general statement about the topic usually rounds off the report.


Beach Walk

Last week we went to spencer park. I went in the bus. When we were there we went in our groups. Group one went to the lagoon walk. We saw horses walking on the sand. I was excited to go with the class.
At the playground, I climbed on the big spiderweb. I could see the beach from up the top. I went on the swings with Pame and we talked and laughed. Then I fell off the swing, but luckily I didn’t break anything! We laughed again. Then Pame fell off the swing with her broken arm.

Next, we went to the beach and I collect shells and sticks. I had to dig under the sand to find shells. I could hear the ocean in some of the shells. I put my sticks and shells in a bag so that we could make things out of them back at school.

I went back to the playground and had a sandwich. Next I went on the lagoon walk.  I saw black birds.

I travelled home with Pame on the bus and we talked about our great day. I learnt that horses like to walk on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Good work on completing this writing Bianca. You have put your ideas into paragraphs and described some things that you enjoyed about your day out. Next time you could describe animals and birds in more detail.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful- how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.